شهر
بندرعباس
سال فارغ التحصیلی
دانشگاه
-
رشته دانشگاه
sth
Hi guys!

Here is a topic like this , But of course the only difference is that here we must read books and then talk and make discussions about them only in English!

For the start , Lets choose an easy and low volume book

If you have any suggestions for the book, please write your comment here and likes will do the choosing :)

Topic will be locked on 1/8/2013 and after that we have 7days to finish the book, then topic will get unlock again to start the analysis of the book .

+ If you have any questions message me or Poorya or ask it here

Hamid.s

‌Bug
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید هاشمی نژاد1
شهر
مشهد
دانشگاه
فردوسی
رشته دانشگاه
نرم‌افزار
پاسخ : ! Lets Read

Here are some suggestions for easy to translate books, I guess they can be good for your porpuse, too​

#advertising :-"

نسترنگار

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان ۱ تهران
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی بهشتی

[ltr]
I strongly recommend we start with a short story; reading a whole book in English takes much longer than a week, even if it's an easy one. This is my recommendation:

Honors Track

It's a story about a bunch of high school students getting ready for entrance exams. One of my favorites. :D Oh, and it has also been translated and published in Hamshahri Daastaan.
~ Also, it has some kind of an open ending, so we can talk about the ending, too.

• شروع کننده موضوع

negginnium

کاربر فوق‌حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان
شهر
بندرعباس
سال فارغ التحصیلی
دانشگاه
-
رشته دانشگاه
sth

[ltr] Owwwkey everybody,,,
we have 7 days to read Honors Track which NastaraNNegar had Put its Dl link in the post above :)
[/ltr]

الهام1375

کاربر حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فـرزانگان
شهر
بیرجند
مدال المپیاد
شیمی میخوندم.
دانشگاه
دانشگاه علوم پزشکی تهران
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی

First of all, I should remind you that I have never talked about books & stories here before, so maybe it seems a little boring.
The story is narrated by first person who tries to be one in crowd and doesn't refer to a particular character. When needed ,it gives information about everyone and this seems a little confusing and boring.

What I can say about characters is that THEY WERE SEDOLUS! But with stress being their loyal companion, they couldn't control their following reactions .The most cruel part was when they all tried to say that Dale was guilty. Maybe this absolutely showed the hostility of the outside world, which is also represented by dark, cloudy weather[nb] (I am not exactly sure about this part :-".)[/nb].Furthermore, Hot and sunny weather ,which is usually used to emphasize happiness and peace, bothered them.
However, we shouldn't ignore the fact that somehow they really didn't like to cheat, that's because they couldn't sleep well(this was also due to stress).In my opinion they themselves felt that they were victimized by lack of genius in that particular subject(calculus).
"?What I couldn't get was "why did Dale wait 8 years before committing that suicide

نسترنگار

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان ۱ تهران
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی بهشتی
پاسخ : !Let's Read

[ltr]
Well, I just wanna say why I really liked this story and why it had a great impact on me. First of all, it was because of the intense empathy I felt for the characters. Here they are, a bunch of schoolboys preparing themselves for extremely difficult tests and exams, studying day and night, and look what happens to them. They screw up. Their lives are ruined because of some stupid tests. It's terrible. It's sad. And worst of all, it's true. And the next thing is the ending. It's really awesome. I mean, at the beginning, you have no idea that these intelligent, hardworking people are gonna end up in such hopeless places, or even commit suicide. It's really sad and unexpected.

"?What I couldn't get was "why did Dale wait 8 years before committing that suicide

[size=11pt]Maybe the writer wanted to show that the guilt hadn't sunk in even after all that time.

الهام1375

کاربر حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فـرزانگان
شهر
بیرجند
مدال المپیاد
شیمی میخوندم.
دانشگاه
دانشگاه علوم پزشکی تهران
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی

and maybe it shows that it wasn't just a quick decision based on Dale's feelings, Anyway, there should be some other ways instead of suicide , what would you do if
?you were in his shoes​
:-?

الهام1375

کاربر حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فـرزانگان
شهر
بیرجند
مدال المپیاد
شیمی میخوندم.